Donate to The Onyx Consulting Foundation
Please fill out the form below with as much information as you can. The machine brand, model and condition are not required but recommended to make the euquipment evaluations easier to process. Check our minimum requirements and condition descriptions below before submitting. Thanks for your interest in The Onyx Consulting Foundation. For cash donations please go to the donation section in our store.
For questions about large donations please send an email to email@example.com
What are The Onyx Consulting Foundation minimum requirements for donating equipment?
Windows Based PC's
- Intel Core Duo processor or newer, or comparable AMD processor
- 1GB or more of RAM
- Valid Windows XP or greater license
- iMac: G5 or Intel processor
- Power Mac G5 tower
- PowerBook: G4 "Aluminum" 1.33ghz or greater - no "Titanium" models
- MacBook Pros
- MacBook Airs
- Mac Pros
- Mac Mini: Intel processor
- X-Serve G5 or higher
- X-Serve RAID
- working LCD monitors with resolutions of at least 1024x768
- All working gigabit switches
- Quality working gateways (ie. Cisco Firewalls and Routers)
Printers and Copiers
- laser printers and copiers in working condition
- working business class inkjet printers and all-in-ones
- external RAID/NAS devices. The enclosure must be in working condition
- Audio/Video editing equipment
- tape drives and tape auto loaders
All devices must be in working condition to be eligible for tax-deductible donation.
Systems found not to be working will be recycled.
*if your equipment is not listed here please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What condition is my equipment in?
- Is/looks new, is in excellent working condition and needs no reconditioning.
- Never had a hardware problem.
- Free of any major defects and currently in working condition.
- Has had few, if any, hardware related problems in the past.
- A "good" donated machine may need some reconditioning to be sold at the OCF store.
- Not in working condtion but still has a full manufacturer's warranty.
- Some mechanical or cosmetic defects and needs repair but is still in reasonable working condition.
- Does not have power but you are sure the machine can be repaired or you know what needs to be replaced to restore the machine to working conditon.
- Has had several past hardware problems and is currently in working condition.
- Machine was purchased prior to 2005.
- Severe mechanical and/or cosmetic defects and is not in working condition but can be repaired.
- May have value for certain parts but the machine cannot be fixed as a whole.
- Does not have power and you are unsure whether the machine can be fixed.
*If you believe your equipment would be labeled in "poor" condition we recommend disposal of your equipment at a nearby recycling center.
Determination of Fair Market Value
The Onyx Consulting Foundation determines the FMV of your equipment through value of individual parts, as well as overall machine value, based on average going rates across the internet. Selling prices are averaged and reduced by 25% before diplayed in our web store. Your donation receipt is for the actual FMV of your machine before the price reduction; plus the additional value added by uncommon and specific upgrades, if any.
If you choose, you can determine fair market value on your own with documentation to support FMV claims. The IRS publication 526 has all the information needed on how to value your donations and claim them on your taxes.